Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My home stereo Part.2

+3
RE_XXX
xseveredveganx
Vmann
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26My home stereo Part.2  - Page 2 Empty Re: My home stereo Part.2 Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:16 pm

Vmann

Vmann
Admin

No EQ what so ever. My personal outlook is, if I need to EQ then I have a bigger acoustical and/or mechanical problem.

I have taken quite a few steps to keep everything acoustically sound. The cool thing with the Hybrid Imagines is they have a 1st order crossover on the tweeter, instead of a second order like most passive component sets. This keeps the phase shift between the woofer and tweeter very minimal. The woofers play full range and roll off at the top and bottom end naturally with absolutely no noticeable breakup as far as my ears are concerned.

Here's a look at the response:

The green line is what Winisd would typically spit out.

The white line is with baffle step taken into considered.

The dark gray line is what I measured in room, and then plugged into winisd. It sacurrate, but still a very low resolution picture of the actually response.

My home stereo Part.2  - Page 2 Bafflestep

https://utahcaraudio.forumotion.com

27My home stereo Part.2  - Page 2 Empty Re: My home stereo Part.2 Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:20 pm

Vmann

Vmann
Admin

teddy wrote:Are you using anything as an EQ?

I'm finally got caught up from the last few weeks, maybe I'll come grab the box this week and listen to it.

I watched the video on parts express, are you plugged into input two for your main signal. The video said number two is the main and number one is the secondary input (sounds weird, go figure).

Interesting, I'll have to watch that video again and pay greater attention. I'm plugged into input one, because I assumed it would take priority. scratch

https://utahcaraudio.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum