Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012

+7
kahoproductionz
kylar96
mcbuggin
xseveredveganx
Vmann
RE_XXX
Risk
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:42 pm

Risk

Hello again everyone!

Thanks again for making our competition last year so much fun! I learned a lot from all of your input and participation, and for this year I decided to recruit some outside, professional help to officiate and judge the competition.

Our event this year is scheduled for July 14th at 10 AM. It will be in the same place as last year -- HS Customs in Logan, Utah. The change is that I have retained the services of IASCA to bring their crew and machines and to run an offically sactioned iDBL and Bass Boxing event. This should be a lot more fun, as well as less subjective than the rules I've been using.

Details on the iDBL event and rules can be found at this link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I look forward to a great event again this year, and especially to seeing you guys all again. Please call or email me if you have any specific questions, and thanks again!

Cory

2Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:54 pm

RE_XXX

RE_XXX
SSPS!

Have you talked to the newly moved in DB Drag guru out of Salt Lake? Smile

Andy Teuscher

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nothing wrong with IASCA, just DB Drag is the format used around a few of the local states.

Last edited by RE_XXX on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Vmann

Vmann
Admin

Awesome! Thanks for keeping us in the loop Risk!

https://utahcaraudio.forumotion.com

4Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:26 pm

Vmann

Vmann
Admin

Looks like I'll be in Rookie/Hatch.

https://utahcaraudio.forumotion.com

5Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:44 pm

xseveredveganx

xseveredveganx

I'll be in stock hatch and flyweight bassbox...

6Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:20 pm

RE_XXX

RE_XXX
SSPS!

Advanced 2
Middleweight

For me

7Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Tue May 01, 2012 7:15 am

mcbuggin

150+ dB Daily

Jaffe is a cool guy if i don't do a run i'll be there just to say hi

8Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Tue May 01, 2012 2:09 pm

Risk

RE_XXX wrote:Have you talked to the newly moved in DB Drag guru out of Salt Lake? Smile

Andy Teuscher

Yeah, we talked about a couple different formats, and we may do a DB Drag at the end of the summer. We choose IASCA this time primarily because we have worked with Mike Jaffe, the southwest director, in the past and he's really a great guy. He's got a lot of experience with this and he's going to help us make this a really fun event.

But keep your eyes out for a second event later in the summer! My goal is to do 3 events each year, so hopefully I can start laying the groundwork for that in the very near future.

Thanks everyone! I'll see you there!

Cory

9Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Tue May 01, 2012 6:18 pm

RE_XXX

RE_XXX
SSPS!

Nice!!

Gonna be interesting and fun to compete in a different org!

You better be planning more throughout the year!! Very Happy

10Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Tue May 01, 2012 7:39 pm

kylar96

kylar96
Regular

carrying the spit bucket here... and we will be there!!... please update if theres any change.... i just marked it on the calander!... awesome..!...

and can someone turn a noob on to the rules?....

kyle

11Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Thu May 10, 2012 1:29 am

kahoproductionz

kahoproductionz

right on... mahalos Risk thumbs

12Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Sun May 13, 2012 12:34 pm

fernando

fernando
Troll

Last edited by fernando on Mon May 14, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : .)

13Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Mon May 14, 2012 11:59 am

fernando

fernando
Troll

mcbuggin wrote:Jaffe is a cool guy if i don't do a run i'll be there just to say hi
IM GONNA HAVE TO SWING BY AND SAY HI ALSO CUZ IF IM UNDERSTANDING RIGHT I DONT HAVE THE REQUIRMENTS TO COMPETE Sad

14Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Mon May 14, 2012 4:05 pm

RE_XXX

RE_XXX
SSPS!

fernando wrote:
mcbuggin wrote:Jaffe is a cool guy if i don't do a run i'll be there just to say hi
IM GONNA HAVE TO SWING BY AND SAY HI ALSO CUZ IF IM UNDERSTANDING RIGHT I DONT HAVE THE REQUIRMENTS TO COMPETE Sad

By the rules, none of us do man.

15Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Mon May 14, 2012 4:36 pm

xseveredveganx

xseveredveganx

What would omit any of us from competing? Last number on the rules page shows "2000", but I'm not sure what it's for. 2000watts? At what impedance? Will a clamp meter and DMM be used to calculate actual power output?

16Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Mon May 14, 2012 5:01 pm

RE_XXX

RE_XXX
SSPS!

Yip, the whole external speakers is gonna get everybody. I cant think of one person who has external speakers

17Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Mon May 14, 2012 5:48 pm

xseveredveganx

xseveredveganx

Why would you? I built my stereo for me to enjoy, not be a mobile PA system...

18Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Sun May 20, 2012 5:46 pm

14dbass

14dbass

xseveredveganx wrote:Why would you? I built my stereo for me to enjoy, not be a mobile PA system...

X2 to that if they are required that will suck. maybe I will run wires out my door and free air a 6x9 on my hood? lol

19Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:11 pm

boominaudio

boominaudio
Regular

Ive always wanted to do it since seeimg a few show cars that had it. You can hear the bass really well and the mids not so much. as a spectator at the car show, the outside speakers seemed nice with the bass.

http://www.boominaudiocompetitions.com

20Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:45 am

fernando

fernando
Troll

boominaudio wrote:Ive always wanted to do it since seeimg a few show cars that had it. You can hear the bass really well and the mids not so much. as a spectator at the car show, the outside speakers seemed nice with the bass.
yea theres something to that extent in my neighborhood.................the icecream truck Fuu

21Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:39 pm

teddy

teddy

fernando wrote:
boominaudio wrote:Ive always wanted to do it since seeimg a few show cars that had it. You can hear the bass really well and the mids not so much. as a spectator at the car show, the outside speakers seemed nice with the bass.
yea theres something to that extent in my neighborhood.................the icecream truck Fuu

lol!

22Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff 2012 Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Risk

Hello again,

So I've come to add insult to injury. I learned this weekend that the date is changing -- it's been moved up one week to July 7th in order to coincide with the H&S Customs car show (the same show and location as last year). Originally, that show was scheduled for the 14th, but they've decided to do it the 7th, so the powers that be decided to move the SPL comp to that weekend, as well. I hope this isn't a game changer for anyone, as I'd really like to see everyone out again, but I realize it's short notice (at this point) and I won't hold a grudge if you guys are unable (or unwilling) to come. I totally understand.

I'll make a new post to the forum with the change, but I wanted to let everyone here know what happened. You guys are great and I really appreciate all the enthusiasm and support for this great sport. Thanks everyone!

Risk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum