Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2

+4
mcbuggin
Duran
fernando
Risk
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Empty Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:36 pm

Risk

Hey there everyone! Two things:

I posted the results of last Saturday's event on my blog, and a better explanation of what I am changing for next time and why. In a nutshell, I've decided that displacement modeling is a) only slightly more accurate and therefore b) not worth the extra effort on the part of the judges to calculate. So I am posting here to say that I was wrong (if marginally so) and we will return to standard SD based divisions for the next event.

More importantly, the next event will be held August 20th, 2011. The exact location is still TBD; I'm trying to get a bigger parking lot than last time in the hopes of getting more people to come, but if all else fails it'll be in the same place as before. I will keep you all posted of the details though.

Thanks again for all the support and advice everyone! I'd really like to make this event a biannual thing, and you guys have been instrumental in starting that process. To that end, any Team Rarefaction guys that come out next time will get half price registration. Any Team Rarefaction guys who come out next time AND came out last time will get free registration, as my way of saying thanks to you all. Also, any competitors who came out last time but are not Team Rarefaction guys will also get half

And again, if you have any advice, opinions, comments or questions please email or PM me about it. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

Risk

2Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:43 pm

fernando

fernando
Troll

Risk wrote:Hey there everyone! Two things:

I posted the results of last Saturday's event on my blog, and a better explanation of what I am changing for next time and why. In a nutshell, I've decided that displacement modeling is a) only slightly more accurate and therefore b) not worth the extra effort on the part of the judges to calculate. So I am posting here to say that I was wrong (if marginally so) and we will return to standard SD based divisions for the next event.

More importantly, the next event will be held August 20th, 2011. The exact location is still TBD; I'm trying to get a bigger parking lot than last time in the hopes of getting more people to come, but if all else fails it'll be in the same place as before. I will keep you all posted of the details though.

Thanks again for all the support and advice everyone! I'd really like to make this event a biannual thing, and you guys have been instrumental in starting that process. To that end, any Team Rarefaction guys that come out next time will get half price registration. Any Team Rarefaction guys who come out next time AND came out last time will get free registration, as my way of saying thanks to you all. Also, any competitors who came out last time but are not Team Rarefaction guys will also get half

And again, if you have any advice, opinions, comments or questions please email or PM me about it. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!
Risk
wowflash MUCH APPRECIATED

3Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Duran

Duran
Admin

Hmm, I may be there

https://utahcaraudio.forumotion.com/forum.htm

4Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:26 pm

mcbuggin

150+ dB Daily

very nice thanks

5Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:27 am

kahoproductionz

kahoproductionz

thumbs

6Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:10 pm

Risk

Hello again,

After learning of a conflict in scheduling with a sanctioned event in ID, I've decided to push this back one week to August 27th. Also, we have decided to do it at our shop instead of anywhere else. The rest of the information remains unchanged.

In sum:

Summer SoundOff, Round 2
August 27th @ 10 AM
Lynn's Audio Video
1655 North Main Street

Keep an eye on the website also. My webmaster is supposed to have the reg form posted online in the next week.

Thanks everyone!

Risk

7Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:39 pm

boominaudio

boominaudio
Regular

Risk wrote:Hello again,

After learning of a conflict in scheduling with a sanctioned event in ID, I've decided to push this back one week to August 27th. Also, we have decided to do it at our shop instead of anywhere else. The rest of the information remains unchanged.

In sum:

Summer SoundOff, Round 2
August 27th @ 10 AM
Lynn's Audio Video
1655 North Main Street

Keep an eye on the website also. My webmaster is supposed to have the reg form posted online in the next week.

Thanks everyone!

Risk

Risk,

that is cool that you are moving your date to accommodate the show for competitors !

http://www.boominaudiocompetitions.com

8Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:45 pm

xseveredveganx

xseveredveganx

I'll be in Vegas.

9Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:41 am

tankglh21

Regular

I might actually be able to make this one!

10Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Empty cancelled Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:51 pm

Risk

Hey everyone,

Sorry to do this to you all but we have decided to cancel this next show. There are various reasons for this that I am still a little upset about so I won't go into detail (for fear of saying something I'll regret). I hope to have some things resolved in the coming days and weeks such that we can still get another show in this season, but for the time being I'm not planning on it. Thanks so much for everyone's support. The deal for Team Rarefaction guys still stands whenever I get the next show scheduled.

Good luck everyone. I hope to see you all again soon.

Risk

11Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:10 am

xseveredveganx

xseveredveganx

Well that sucks, bro! I hope you guys organize something! I'd like to attend if I can get the time off!

I was talking to Lane (I think that was his name) over at Kindig-It Design, he said he knew you. Mentioned you've been dabbling in transmission lines! You should post up some of your work! I'm always curious to see what everyone is working on!

12Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:07 pm

Risk

xseveredveganx wrote:I was talking to Lane (I think that was his name) over at Kindig-It Design, he said he knew you.

Ya Lane Sukowaty (pronouced "sa-KA-tee" but way funnier to say "suck-a-whatty?") is a good friend of mine. I used to sell him car stereo gear in Cedar City back when he was still a little bass head in high school. He's a really talented fabricator now and has been with Kindig for several years. He's a good guy.

I've done a few TL boxes but nothing I have documentation of. I'll see if I can find plans for anything and post those for you guys to evaluate and see what you think of the design.

Thanks for being understanding about this show and I really hope I can get something salvaged this year. I'll keep you all posted as events warrant.

Later,

Risk

13Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:48 pm

xseveredveganx

xseveredveganx

Definitely, bro! Things come up and there's nothing you can do about it.

Lane and I b.s.'d a bit the other day when I was having my buddy polish my car over there. He didn't get to demo my setup, but he was surprised by the tonality of my enclosure by thumping my sub with his finger and his head in the vent. Lol! I really wish I could get a part time gig doing install fabrication.

"I've got a lot to teach, but even more to learn."

14Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Empty Re: Lynn's Summer SoundOff, round 2 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:02 pm

fernando

fernando
Troll

cam u should get time off for this he said there will be an spl comp

Saturday, September 24 ยท 9:00am - 10:00pm
This will be the 1st annual Hi-Fi shop car, truck, bike, and boat show. There will be live music, food, beer, contests, prizes, SPL sound off , kiddie castle and slide, and more. Come out check out all the rides and have a good time! Roll in is between friday night after 10pm and sat morning between 7:00-9:00 anyone can enter and show off their ride .
For details contact the hi-fi shop at 801-774-5445
Pre-Registration is 25.00. ...Day of show registration will be 35.00.
Eagle Beach (north marina) admison 8.00, kids will be free. Other activities will be added so this will be updated soon

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum