Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

howz it evryone!?

+3
xseveredveganx
Vmann
gingerbreadman
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1howz it evryone!?  Empty howz it evryone!? Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:38 pm

gingerbreadman

Just moved back from Hawaii couple months back, invited by cam(thanks man)!
Used to bump now going more sq route, but still need small kine bumps!

Kaho! Hey brah, when u move here? It's Chris from ewa beach!

2howz it evryone!?  Empty Re: howz it evryone!? Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:50 pm

Vmann

Vmann
Admin

Welcome!

Glad to have an SQ guy around Wink

https://utahcaraudio.forumotion.com

3howz it evryone!?  Empty Re: howz it evryone!? Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:58 pm

gingerbreadman

Thank u, not too many sq guys I'm guessing? My setup still a work in progress, I'm in need of some mlv or some sort of foam deadner for my panels cause they r vibrating, then I should be happy

4howz it evryone!?  Empty Re: howz it evryone!? Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:13 am

Vmann

Vmann
Admin

There are a few SQ guys around, they don't post too often though unfortunately.

I'm personally getting into SQ arena. Mainly with my home stereo though. I would like to focus more on the SQ side in my car, but for now I'm still hunting the sound pressure.

We have meets occasionally and it would be a lot of fun to hear and see an SQ system mix it up a bit Smile

5howz it evryone!?  Empty Re: howz it evryone!? Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:25 am

xseveredveganx

xseveredveganx

Definitely! I'm still wanting to get my front stage on par with that Ram with the wall up in Idaho Falls. Soooo nice.

Most of us are into SPL. I've been getting more into SQ, but still with the SPL substage. I'd call it SQL, but I could get bant from SSA. troll

Ultimate goal is an acoustically dead car with a loud SQ front stage and SPL sub stage. Very Happy

Glad to see you here! Crazy that you know Kaho!

6howz it evryone!?  Empty Re: howz it evryone!? Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:59 am

gingerbreadman

Haha I was just replying to u on utahnissans.
Yeah I won't go back to a bright front stage, even though rap/r&b usually sound better on those setups but when the ocassional Dave Matthews live or any other live albums I have on my ipod its all worth it.
I do miss a good substage tho. My mx12 on a audioque 2200 was a great setup but got too loud for my wife, but she did like my 4 id8v3 sealed on a zapco 500, so when I do make another good substage it'll be around a couple or a couple of couple of 8s.
Right now I have a rainbow ipaul 4.300 running my dls front stage with the rear chsnnels bridged to a pioneer 10 that I got off ksl for hella cheap and built and custom ported box for it, I don't run the sub loud so it actually does a great job with my frontstage. I've got dls coaxs in the rear but don't usually run em.
Yeah Kaho is a good guy, always at the comps. Met him several times cause I was always selling or giving away car audio. Yeah when I saw his name I had to double check make I wasn't on hawaiicaraudio(hca).
Thanks again for letting me know about this site

7howz it evryone!?  Empty Re: howz it evryone!? Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:19 am

fernando

fernando
Troll

welcome gingerbreadman

8howz it evryone!?  Empty Re: howz it evryone!? Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:29 am

xseveredveganx

xseveredveganx

Not a problem, bro!
I have the tendency to try to keep this place with people that have been groomed, so to speak.

I've been talking to Bryce (briggity on UtahNissans) about building his stereo. I told him a pair of SA8's would do MORE than what he wants. Plus, Sundown is running that presale through July. Hell, I should buy some just to kick around for door stops. troll Anyway, he seems pretty apprehensive about 8's. In a tapered transmission line or horn, those little buggers would be more than he wants.

9howz it evryone!?  Empty Re: howz it evryone!? Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:51 pm

adawg691981

Its nice to find a local forum like this. I'm a member on a few other audio sites and man i feel out of place there! I'm not really new to car audio, but i am new to SPL. Before i ran all sealed all the time, and i have had a few nice set-ups then i went to ported. Now I'm going to move up and do a wall.. til then i will bump my lil setup i have (1500 watt El-cheapo amp, and my 40 dollar kicker comp vr 18) but yeah sorry if i thread jacked. i look forward to getting out to some comps!

10howz it evryone!?  Empty Re: howz it evryone!? Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:06 pm

fernando

fernando
Troll

welcome if help needed let us know if one dont know someone else will

11howz it evryone!?  Empty Re: howz it evryone!? Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:19 pm

Vmann

Vmann
Admin

adawg691981 wrote:Its nice to find a local forum like this. I'm a member on a few other audio sites and man i feel out of place there! I'm not really new to car audio, but i am new to SPL. Before i ran all sealed all the time, and i have had a few nice set-ups then i went to ported. Now I'm going to move up and do a wall.. til then i will bump my lil setup i have (1500 watt El-cheapo amp, and my 40 dollar kicker comp vr 18) but yeah sorry if i thread jacked. i look forward to getting out to some comps!

Welcome!

I know how that feeling goes, that why a few of us started this forum thumbs

12howz it evryone!?  Empty Re: howz it evryone!? Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:11 pm

xseveredveganx

xseveredveganx

Comp VR18!? Serious? Keep it and don't kill it. Those things are old school and LEGIT!

Welcome!

13howz it evryone!?  Empty Re: howz it evryone!? Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:37 pm

kahoproductionz

kahoproductionz

gingerbreadman wrote:Just moved back from Hawaii couple months back, invited by cam(thanks man)!
Used to bump now going more sq route, but still need small kine bumps!

Kaho! Hey brah, when u move here? It's Chris from ewa beach!
Howzit Chris! glad you found the forum bro! sorry but, I still tryna put a face to the name... i'm sure it'll come back to me.

14howz it evryone!?  Empty Re: howz it evryone!? Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:40 pm

gingerbreadman

Silver g35, I was selling all the RE equip outta my house. Sold u the kickers and gave u Sony subs and a box

15howz it evryone!?  Empty Re: howz it evryone!? Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:42 pm

kahoproductionz

kahoproductionz

gingerbreadman wrote:Silver g35, I was selling all the RE equip outta my house. Sold u the kickers and gave u Sony subs and a box
got'cha bro!!! I remember now haha!!!

16howz it evryone!?  Empty Re: howz it evryone!? Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:15 am

Duran

Duran
Admin

xseveredveganx wrote:I'd call it SQL, but I could get bant from SSA. troll

deadhorse

https://utahcaraudio.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum